Cree is looking to add a Semiconductor Process and Equipment Engineer to our Wolfspeed division in Fayetteville, Arkansas. This job opportunity is for an experienced engineer with a thorough and detailed understanding of, and experience with a wide range of electronic packaging processes in a manufacturing environment. The candidate needs to be familiar with wire bonding, solder attach, polymer dispensing, writing work instructions and PFMEA, statistical process control charts, etc., while also having critical volume automated manufacturing expertise in at least one of the process areas.
What can we do for you?
- Opportunity to apply technical leadership skills in an organization with the highest performing SiC power devices and modules in the world
- Grow new technologies, lead and create a real impact on the power and energy industries, make a global difference, advance your breadth of knowledge and experience
- Work on a wide range of high performance products in cross-discipline teams
- Join an elite performing group with the opportunity to work with the best of the best
What can you do for our company?
- Develop electronics packaging production processes such as wire bonding, die attach, vacuum reflow soldering, potting, etc.
- Provide technical and engineering support to the manufacturing team
- Develop and conducts statistical analysis such as Design of Experiments (DOE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC) targeting process optimization and high yield process controls for specific electronics packaging manufacturing processes
- Recommend and implement equipment and process modifications to improve production efficiencies, manufacturing techniques and production yields for existing products and processes – lead and/or assist in setting up such equipment
- Interact with product design engineers to ensure that processes and designs are compatible and optimized for future products
What you need for success:
- This is a technical engineering position and requires a BS Engineering degree in either Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. Applicants with an M.S. degree in those disciplines will also be given strong consideration.
- 7+ years electronics processing experience in an automated semiconductor manufacturing environment or mix of equivalent education and industry experience.
- Knowledge of 175° C rated electronic packaging materials and wide band gap semiconductors
- Experience with some of the following processes: wire bond interconnection (125-500 um diameter), vacuum soldering, x-ray or CSAM solder analysis, laser processing, hermetic seam sealing, ceramic/metal packages, electrolytic and electroless plating, CAD based fixture or equipment component design
- Technical project planning experience
- Excellent English communication skills (i.e. verbal, written, and presentation)
- Excellent team player
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- >10 years electronics processing experience in an automated semiconductor manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of new state-of-the-art devices such as SiC JFETs, MOSFETs, TMOS, thyristors, Schottky Diodes, etc.
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment (Class 1000 or better)
- Experience in several of the following areas: power electronics/modules packaging processes, wire bonding, x-ray and CSAM analysis, production tools, and equipment, statistical analysis tools and software, engineering design tools such as SolidWorks, COMSOL, ANSYS, etc., mechanical and/or electrical systems.