Cree is hiring in New York!
How would you like to be a part of starting up the world’s largest, most state-of-the-art, automotive-qualified SiC wafer fab?
We’re looking for passionate top-performers to join us at our fab facilities in New York as we qualify toolsets and design a 480,000 square-foot fab with over 100,000 square-feet of clean room space. If you want to be a pioneer with one of the most pivotal technologies of our time, Silicon Carbide, then you’re looking in the right place.
The primary purpose of the Senior Factory Automation Lead Engineer is to support Manufacturing Operations by performing the following duties:
What can Cree Wolfspeed do for you?
- Personally, impact and shape the startup and ramp to volume production of CREE’s new 200mm Wafer FAB, based on your ideas, experience and strength in developing and implementing innovative factory automation solutions
- Over time, build the full AMHS / factory automation team to run 24/7
- Provide unique opportunity to learn, interact and integrate with all supporting groups like equipment and process engineering, manufacturing operations, industrial engineering and facilities
What can you do for Cree Wolfspeed?
- Act as a subject matter expert for all factory automation tasks, connecting manufacturing equipment to the material transport system (AMHS), the material control system (MCS) and the Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Play a lead role in the design, setup and implementation of the fully automated material handling solution in CREE’s new 200mm Silicon Carbide Wafer FAB
- Understand and drive technical aspects including design and maintenance oversight, FAB level automation hardware and software support and implementation
- Lead the hiring, training and setup of the AMHS / factory automation team
- Understand and lead project management aspects include scope definition, scope adherence, budgeting, scheduling, risk management, procurement and installation support, including coordinating the activities of contract engineers and trade contractors during system installation and/or modifications
- This position will be based in Marcy, NY, the location of our new 200mm FAB - until 2021, assignments and business travel to Albany, NY and Durham, NC will be part of the job scope
What you need for success:
- BS degree from a four-year college/university in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalency
- This position requires the lawful ability to access technical data, information, and areas controlled by United States export control laws and regulations.
- 5-8 years’ prior work experience in a high-volume automated semiconductor wafer FAB
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with AMHS / MCS systems in wafer FABs
- Highly proficient with databases and data analysis tools (SQL, Access, Excel, VBA, JMP, etc.)
- Experience in application of factory physics and operations research principals
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- High motivation with continuous drive for improvement.
Highly preferred skills:
- Specific experience in equipment and process automation within wafer FAB using commercial MES, AMHS, MCS and dispatching/scheduling solutions
- Direct experience designing, building, deploying and supporting automation and execution systems
- Proven experience in supporting highly automated/paperless new FAB startups, commissioning & commercial support
- Management and execution of small to large projects/assignments from initial concept to final implementation
- Management of automation systems maintenance.
- Management of small to medium size capital projects
- Ability to work independently and in teams on multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Excellent knowledge in factory physics and operations research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent observational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.