The HR and Legal Solution Delivery Lead will report to the Global IT Solution Delivery Leader, be a member of the extended IT Leadership Team and serve as a key strategist and influencer in defining and delivering innovative technology and data management solutions to enable transformational IT and business value. The ideal candidate will possess extensive IT and HR/Payroll transformational experience leveraging cloud-based technology to support shared service delivery and positive employee experiences.
This position will be responsible for the strategic planning, execution and delivery of Global HR, Payroll, and Legal software projects, enhancements, analytics and integrations. This includes technical operations, process definition and improvements to mature solution delivery capabilities and services. This role also serves as the Business Relationship Manager (BRM) for Global HR, Payroll and Legal functions and partners with Business and IT stakeholders in the execution and resolution of operational incidents and service requests.
What can CREE do for you?
- Provide a high-visibility leadership role on Global HR/Payroll transformational programs and projects
- Showcase your leadership and technical expertise at the enterprise level
- Provide leadership development and career growth opportunities within a thriving technical organization that’s helping to power a market-leading semi-conductor company
What can you do for CREE?
- Lead and develop high-performing HR and Legal IT solution delivery and off-shore team members
- Influence direction and goals for Global IT strategies, planning and architecture respective to HR, Payroll, and Legal solution delivery and technical operations
- Partner with Business and IT Leadership to understand business strategy, define business requirements, recommend technology solutions, and effectively manage demand pipeline
- Influence CREE IT Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies and drive communication, adoption and adherence of standards by internal team members and external partners
- Provide IT program leadership and support for Global HR, Payroll and HR Service Delivery transformation projects, enhancements, data management, analytics, integrations, application upgrades and technical hygiene
- Provide organizational change management leadership ensuring IT changes and events are delivered achieving desired business outcomes, positive user adoption and minimal business disruption
- Provide strategic planning, coordination, control and on-time/on-budget completion of key operational excellence projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals
- Develop and lead implementation of the system upgrade releases and cloud-readiness plans to help modernize our application and infrastructure environment
- Manage Global HR, Payroll, and Legal IT annual operating plan (AOP) portfolios, budgets, and project resources
- Define and drive operational analytics, monitor and report KPI performance, and lead Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) to proactively share insights/trends, solicit feedback, and adapt as needed
- Manage the full lifecycle of IT purchases, agreements and contracts from initiation to completion
- Own IT supplier relationships, service level agreements and customer satisfaction priorities (i.e. Service Quality, Value and Effectiveness)
What you need for success?
- 10+ years progressive IT or technology related experience with at least 5 years in solution delivery lead role
- 3+ years architecting and implementing cloud-based HR and Payroll cloud-based solutions
- Proven ability to architect distributed business integrations, deployed on premise or in public or private cloud.
- Successful track record managing projects using a Systems Integrator (SI) and globally distributed resources
- Demonstrated project and process management skills, including knowledge of large-scale enterprise application SDLC and Project Management Professional (PMP) principles
- Ability and desire to be a People Leader, develop team member capabilities, and support career progression
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability and desire to engage with all functions/levels across a global enterprise in driving project activities and organizational change forward as well as resolving project related issues or mitigating project risks
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Ability to anticipate risks, devise solutions in the moment, and deliver against objectives despite obstacles
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability
- Ability to work within a 24/7 environment across multiple time zones
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate potential solutions to business issues that may extend beyond your sphere of responsibility
Skills and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Experience with manufacturing, ideally in the Industrial Electronics and Electrical Equipment industry, preferred
- Experience leading IT Projects resulting from M&A and/or divestitures preferred
- Practical understanding of software development methodologies (i.e. AIM, Agile Scrum, Kanban)
- Proficient with the Portfolio and Project Management Tools (MS-Project, MS-SharePoint, MS-Excel, etc.)
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)/Program Management Professional Certification (PgMP) a plus
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.