Job Description: Program Manager
Cree is currently recruiting for an experienced Program Manager who will be responsible for the leadership of critical transformation initiatives.
The Cree IT organization is responsible for driving and enabling execution of key elements of the corporate business strategy. This includes technology-based improvements to core business functions, introduction of new business capabilities and support for M&A activities. The Program Manager role has end-to-end transformation program responsibilities from shaping the approach to get the desired outcomes through to delivery. The position includes coordinating projects and resource management within programs, stakeholder and sponsor communications, reporting, and engagement.
This role reports to the Director of IT Planning and Architecture and is located at our headquarters facility in Durham, NC.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential upward mobility in a thriving organization
- A chance to play a pivotal role in new process implementation and the transformation of Cree IT to enable company growth and profitability
- Opportunity to drive process maturity throughout Cree IT
- Expand your skill-set working with a wide variety of IT management disciplines
What can you do for Cree?
- Leads the development of the overall approach for the program, its major time frames and the definition of its major deliverables to address and meet the desired goals and outcomes.
- Leads regular interactions with the executive sponsor to inform, alert, negotiate and maintain a continuing good relationship and shared vision for the program outcome.
- Establishes and ensures appropriate governance functions for the program.
- Directs the creation and maintenance of the required program documentation and artifacts.
- Develops and controls the program budget, and manages expenditure within agreed spending plans.
- Ensures and balances the availability of the required skills and competencies across project teams within the program.
- Leads reviews with executive sponsor and stakeholders to identify organic or specific program needs and/or changes, and directs the development of appropriate approaches to address.
- Leads the development and maintenance of stakeholder mapping, communications and reporting.
- Acts as an advisor, and builds and maintains relationships across the wider stakeholder community.
- Leads the oversight of program projects' execution, their progress compared with the plan and the production of agreed deliverables.
- Monitors and coordinates dependencies across the projects in the program and resolves conflicts.
- Directs or approves the establishment of framework/guidelines for the use of contractors and professional service providers, and determines their use across the program.
- Supports and facilitates agenda setting for program committee/board meetings.
What you need for success:
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate the program objectives, inspire and motivate staff, and maintain alignment with the business strategy.
- Possesses a high degree of political sensitivity, astuteness and the ability to effectively use the informal power structure of the organization to achieve success and clear obstacles for the program.
- Highly empathetic and able to vary styles of interaction to match the needs of a variety of temperaments and personalities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain and "sell" the program goals and objectives to the business, as well as technical leadership.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent analytical, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver against financial and resource constraints.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies, how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business, and how they may be applied to the enterprise to drive digital business.
Required experience and training:
- Undergraduate degree in finance, IT, engineering, business management or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience with IT
- 5 - 7 years of diverse roles and increasing leadership responsibilities across major projects and programs
- Experience with one or more project/program management methodologies (such as PMI PMBOK, PRINCE2 and Agile) and across a range of project types.
- Knowledge of project planning tools, such as Microsoft Project and Project Server, with evidence of practical application.
- Demonstrated experience in managing "upward" among senior leadership
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams