IT Procurement Specialist
Cree is currently recruiting for an IT Procurement Specialist who will be responsible for execution of procurement functions across the IT department.
The Cree IT organization is responsible for optimizing the life cycle management of IT costs, risk and value through asset selection, operation, refresh, migration, optimization, retirement and disposal. The Procurement function has responsibility for the sourcing and acquisition phases of the asset life cycle in compliance with corporate policies and practices, and assists other lifecycle activities.
This role reports to the IT Asset Manager, under the Director of IT Planning and Architecture and is located at our headquarters facility in Durham, NC.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential upward mobility in a thriving organization
- A chance to play a pivotal role in new process implementation and the transformation of Cree IT to enable company growth and profitability
- Opportunity to drive process maturity throughout Cree IT
- Expand your skill-set working with a wide variety of IT management disciplines
What can you do for Cree?
- Point of contact for IT Sourcing and Procurement for purchasing IT goods, services, and software to process requests, and complete purchases based on competitive pricing
- Manage requisitions, POs and contracts
- Assist in tracking expiration and renewal of contracts for IT assets and services
- Supports asset lifecycle activities such as incident management, compliance audits, software licensing and software/hardware upgrades and maintenance.
- Supports IT Asset Management in performing cost and spend analysis to identify cost effective solutions for existing and future contracts.
What you need for success:
- Understanding of IT procurement tools, methodologies and processes in a global operating environment.
- Understanding of legal agreements.
- Team work and oriented to internal customer service.
- Detail- and process-oriented, and analytical.
- Ability to perform with a high level of accuracy and communicate effectively.
Required experience and training:
- Undergraduate degree in finance, IT, engineering, business management or a related field.
- 3-5 years in IT procurement.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office tools and procurement/finance systems.
- Other functional experience, particularly in IT, is highly desirable and beneficial.