Cree is currently recruiting for an IT Asset Management Lead who will be responsible for the implementation and oversight of the IT Asset Management (ITAM) function.
The Cree IT organization is responsible for optimizing the life cycle management of IT costs, risk and value through asset selection, operation, refresh, migration, optimization, retirement and disposal. The ITAM function is responsible for the governance of and reporting on the life cycle.
ITAM provides an accurate account of technology asset life cycle costs and risks to maximize the business value of technology strategy, architecture, funding, contractual and sourcing decisions. ITAM is the central point for data analysis to support the effective management of digital technology assets whether owned and managed by IT, third-party service providers or business units outside IT.
This role reports to the Director of IT Planning and Architecture and is located at our headquarters facility in Durham, NC.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential upward mobility in a thriving organization
- A chance to play a pivotal role in new process implementation and the transformation of Cree IT to enable company growth and profitability
- Opportunity to drive process maturity throughout Cree IT
- Expand your skill-set working with a wide variety of IT management disciplines
What can you do for Cree?
- Ensure that appropriate resources (people, tools, services) and processes are in place to gather and analyze data relating to digital technology asset life cycles and related processes.
- Assist the CIO and IT leaders in developing effective ITAM strategies, policy, approaches and practices across the full range of digital technology assets used within the organization.
- Report on (or develop reporting on) remediation of digital technology asset-related risks and progress of optimization activity.
- Gather data on and provide analysis of all activities that have an impact on the value, cost and risk of digital technology asset life cycles.
- Provide finance with the data to support the analysis of digital technology asset project and maintenance budgets and business cases.
- Ensure that ITAM-related tools and services are properly evaluated, selected, implemented, configured and maintained, with appropriate integration with other sources of organizational data.
- Supervise the organization's response to software vendor license compliance audits or license validation requests, in consultation with the relevant vendor and procurement managers, software asset manager and other appointed delegates.
What you need for success:
- Strategic thinking — an understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to develop a vision and strategy for ITAM and execute it effectively, in order to drive results toward those objectives
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers)
- Management of both IT and business stakeholders
- Strategic relationship management — including working with software vendors during license compliance audits
- Effective leadership and an ability to drive change as ITAM develops and matures to meet organizational and technology challenges
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical, data processing and problem-solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of:
- Asset life cycle management (whether digital technology, information, financial or physical assets) best practice and governance
- Digital technology asset life cycle management processes and supporting tools and services
- Policy and process development and implementation
- Technology contracts and their likely cost implications through the technology asset life cycle
- Engagement with procurement, legal, tax and accountancy advisors for additional information
- IT applications, operations, service and support organizations
Required experience and training:
- Undergraduate degree in finance, IT, engineering, business management or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience with IT, enterprise asset management or information management
- Experience in financial accounting, project management and/or data analysis
- Prior management role including engagement with procurement, business stakeholders and frontline operational IT staff
- Prior ITAM role(s) (hardware or software) or demonstrable experience of working with IT asset management professionals to deliver ITAM capability and improved business outcomes