This position will support development and sustain manufacturing operations in the Crystal Growth department to enable the production of high-quality SiC crystals. This position is in the manufacturing of parts using lathes, mills and meteorology tools.
This opening is for a 12 hour night shift position.
What can Cree do for you?
- You will have access to professional and technical growth opportunities in the rapidly expanding CREE Materials Business.
- Provide a unique opportunity to work with a team of scientists, engineers, and technicians to assist in the development and transfer of new processes over to production.
- Be a part of a strong technical team that values agility, accountability, and teamwork.
- Work directly with technology contributing to the future of transportation, energy, and communications.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, for a technology leader who is developing the next generation of electronic devices and the materials that support them.
What can you do for Cree?
- Work with engineering and operations personnel to ensure process stability, health, and robustness.
- Sustain and manage daily manufacturing process operations for several Materials product lines and associated tasks.
- Participate in projects to improve crystal quality and yield to exceed customer expectation.
- Assist in yield excursions and investigate root causes.
- Perform any other tasks delegated as necessary to support the CREE Materials Business.
What you need for success:
- Two-year technical degree (CNC machining, mechanical or equilvalent) or equivalent experience, or equivalent formal technical / military training.
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- High energy, hands-on, self-motivated, problem solving individual with the capacity to quickly grasp and handle a wide range of technical challenges.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interface effectivity with coworkers of varying technical levels such as engineers, technicians, supervisors, managers, etc.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively transition to different tasks when priorities change
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) with the ability to learn new program quickly.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Experience in lathe and mill operations. Experience measuring with calipers and depth gauges.