Job Title: ServiceNow Architect/Administrator
We are looking for a high caliber, multidimensional ServiceNow Architect/Administrator to help us optimize and grow our ServiceNow deployment. The position is responsible for the platform design, architecture, and administration. You will be the ServiceNow Architect/Administrator working with other IT professionals, vendors, and process owners to support, maintain, and enhance the ServiceNow platform. You will build and maintain strong partnerships with business/functional unit and technical stakeholders, drive alignment around release roadmap and solution design of ServiceNow applications. This role reports to IT Service Operations Leader.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- 3 years experience as a Certified ServiceNow Administrator.
- Experience/Knowledge in the Jakarta ServiceNow version.
- General support, daily administration, maintenance, and Change Management/Change Control of ServiceNow platform and associated applications.
- Work directly with end users to resolve support issues within ServiceNow.
- Monitor health, usage, and overall compliance of ServiceNow.
- Control system access and data security
- Experience in configuring alerts and notifications.
- Experience in functional operations (adding users, groups, and modifying roles, etc.)
- Configure service level agreements (SLAs) and perform instance branding and customization.
- Assess and implement appropriate tools and processes for development/production environments that drive consistency across development, stage, qa, testing and production environments.
- Understanding of key technologies relevant to ServiceNow integrations – SSO, LDAP, REST, SAML etc.
- Experience and understanding of multiple technical domains - application, data, integration, big data, mobility, analytics, etc.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to articulate and logically communicate concepts with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Working knowledge of User Interface (UI) policies, data policies, UI actions, business rules and client scripts.
- Gather requirements and develop technical design documents.
- Develop and own ServiceNow coding standards.
- Develop clear and concise technical and process documentation.
- Create ServiceNow reports and dashboards.
- Ability to manage data with tables, the configuration management database (CMDB), import sets and update sets
- Ability to create workflow activities and approvals
- Experience in integrating ServiceNow with third-party applications, particularly Solarwinds and Configuration Manager.
- Perform installation and testing of ServiceNow updates and new releases.
- Create well-structured test plans and coordinate testing activities.
- Identify, document, and track software defects.
- Perform regression testing of resolved defects.
- Experience designing and implementing several key process applications: Incident, Problem, Request, Change, Knowledge Base and ServiceNow Service Catalog.
- Experience designing and implementing key ITOM components: Orchestration, Discovery, Service mapping.
- Strong analytical skills paired with a strong service and customer orientation.
- Ability to work well with team members, customers, and contractors is essential.
- Strong writing, presentation, communication and organization skills.
- Initiative to solve problems and overcome roadblocks.
- Result-oriented and communicative team player.
- Intrinsically curious and passionate about researching current and emerging technologies and developing innovative solutions.
- Ability to run hard and act fast, we are looking for folks able to drive our business to the next level.
- Develop and deploy training curriculums to meet the changing demands of our users.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of experience administering and/or developing on the ServiceNow platform in a medium to large enterprise environment. (5,000 employees or larger).
- 3+ years of experience in developing and using orchestration and automation workflow.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- A ServiceNow leader, mentor, and technical guide.