Wolfspeed (Cree's Power & RF division) is one of the world's leading suppliers of gallium nitride (GaN) wafers and devices for RF communications, radar and electronic warfare. Our business is growing rapidly and is in need of an Assembly Process Engineer to work with the RF power product development team. The primary focus of this role is to support product development and R+D activities through process development using GaN HEMT technology. The candidate will be responsible for prototype builds of Wolfspeed’s RF products and transition of these into production.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Be responsible for providing Process Engineering support for device assembly processes (like Die Attach, Wire Bonding, Lid Attach, Lid Marketing, etc.) for a variety of die, substrates, passive components and package types.
- RF Hybrid assembly process development
- Define design rules for robust volume manufacturing
- Specify and order components (e.g. collets, lids, packages, etc) as required
- Generation and standardization of device assembly drawings
- Create and maintain process documentation
- Design planning and technical risk mitigation
- Participate in detailed design reviews
- Interface with R+D and operations teams
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Be a part of New Product launches of discrete, hybrid, and MMIC based packaged transistors and RF power amplifiers.
- Develop robust processes on die attach, wire bond, epoxy, lid seal and marking tools
- Work with cross functional teams to solve complex technical issues to enable production release of best in class RF power products
What you need for success:
The qualified candidate will hold an Associate’s degree in engineering technology or minimum 10 years semiconductor die processing experience and formal technical electronics training. The applicant should have a strong background in the following areas:
- Experience with process development of microelectronics components
- Hands-on experience with microelectronics assembly equipment especially die attach and wire bonding equipment
- Design of Experiments
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment with a high level of personal drive and energy
- Good organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities to meet goals in fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work well with operators, technicians, engineers and management
- Team player with strong attention to detail and positive attitude.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green card holder
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
The preferred candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of RF hybrid or transistor assembly experience with compound semiconductor based components. In addition, this candidate will also possess skills in the following areas:
- B.S.M.E. or equivalent experience
- Experience with wire bonders, die attach equipment and assembly and test of RF amplifiers.
- Experience with statistical process control (SPC) and design of experiments (DOE).
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to identify manufacturing improvements, manage change, and implement solutions.
- Knowledge of JEDEC standards and Mil STD 883