The Marketing Communications Project Manager (MPM) is responsible for the project planning and execution of integrated marketing communications (marcom) campaign deliverables, including the timely creation of effective content/materials in support of product launches, customer campaigns, and other marketing initiatives. Key content deliverables may include advertising, collateral, online communications, case studies, sales/training aids, white papers, events, product retail packaging, point-of-sale merchandisers, planograms, etc.
This is a planning and project management-oriented role that works closely with internal cross-functional stakeholders and directs both internal and external creative resources to drive effective and engaging content and communications.
This position requires a self-starter capable of formulating strategic inputs and campaign requirements into clear copy and design direction, driving resources to produce materials across all mediums as the content lead and collaborator.
The primary duties and responsibilities within this role may include but are not limited to:
Content/Creative Production Planning
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand product and campaign-specific marketing strategy, target audiences, positioning, and overall communications needs. This is often communicated via a campaign or commercialization plan, which the MPM is held accountable to.
- Schedule and lead timely project and messaging meetings. Liaise between a variety of groups to gain alignment on messaging, deadlines and project deliverables.
- Effectively translate product and vertical message boards/frameworks into marketing copy and content that is informative, on-brand and engaging. This may be developed personally or by directing external creative vendors.
- Input to quarterly marcom budget plans, facilitate timely vendor invoicing, and report out on budget status monthly.
- Embody a content/creative thought leader in the marcom domain by proliferating original and forward-thinking ideas among peer groups.
Project Management & Tactical Execution
- Manage execution of marcom content in a variety of channels and mediums by informally directing the work loads of staff Production Artists and/or external creative vendors.
- Ensure effective production and timely distribution of materials, including but not limited to:
- Gather and organize relevant input including product specs, copy, photography, digital media, illustrations, and artwork;
- Schedule and coordinate photo and/or video shoots and interviews;
- Outline, write and edit marketing copy internally or by managing external vendors;
- Develop print and/or digital graphics internally or by managing external vendors;
- Perform detailed proofreading to ensure the highest quality materials;
- Gain approval from key stakeholders including legal; and
- Coordinate the creation and deployment of email and online promotion with web team.
- Establish sound priorities and processes for task completion and proactively share and coach team on best practices.
- Conduct regular progress meetings with team and escalate issues when necessary.
- Multi-task and reprioritize work flow daily in order to work to a high pace as required by business needs.
- Develop a solid understanding of task timelines to ensure accurate project completion estimates.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or Communications, or other relevant field. MBA preferred.
- 3+ years experience in integrated marketing communications, preferably in a fast-paced high-tech environment.
- Proven track record of developing and executing effective integrated marcom content.
- Self-directed. Able to manage multiple projects and meet aggressive deadlines with minimal oversight.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized. Able to act decisively amid changing priorities.
- Knowledge of new marketing/content trends, various marketing vehicles and channels to market.
- Market research experience in gathering and implementing “voice of the customer” data.
- Exceptional creativity, writing and/or design skills, and communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work on multi-functional teams, demonstrate peer leadership, gain consensus from a wide variety of stakeholders, and negotiate with vendors.
Proficiency with MS Office applications.
Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
Willingness for occasional travel (5% or less).
Marketing experience in the LED and/or lighting industry.
Experience in both B2B and B2C environments. Retail or consumer packaged goods experience a plus.
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite 5 or higher, content management systems, digital asset management systems, email and marketing automation platforms, cloud-based print fulfillment systems.
Working knowledge of any of the following: salesforce.com, GroupSite, SiteCore, SharePoint, Magento, WordPress, HTML, CSS, DALIS (by Widen Collective), Callidus Cloud Enablement, Pardot, Eloqua.
A portfolio of work will be required for review if selected for an interview.