Expand your career and learn new skills as a full time Semiconductor Production Worker in our Global Operations Fab at our RTP location. Wolfspeed, a Cree company, is currently looking for individuals who have a great work ethic and a desire to learn to be a part of our team. Successful candidates meet the requirements below:
* Experience demonstrating mechanical aptitude and/or utilizing fine motor skills; for example, working with large equipment and machinery, assembly or reassembly
* Must be comfortable wearing personal protective equipment (i.e. clean-room suit)
* Comfortable working a clean room setting or in dirty and dusty conditions
* Proven work history showing a strong work ethic and stability in previous positions
* Ability to sit or stand for 12 hours at a time with the flexibility to work night or day shift
* Basic computer and math skills
* Ability to lift to 50 pounds
* Reliable transportation available
* Good communication skills, both written and oral; ability to read and write effectively
* Able to read, write and speak English to effectively communicate to others in verbal and written form
* No vision restrictions; without appropriate corrective lenses
* Comfortable working around chemicals
* Ability to multi-task and approach tasks with detail-oriented manner
* Aptitude for handling repetitive tasks
* High school diploma or equivalent/GED
* 2 years vocational or technical college training or 2+ years on the job knowledge
* Prior military experience (within the last 10 years)
* Experience using a microscope is beneficial
* Performs a variety of functions in the production of semiconductor devices
* Will set-up, operate, load, and monitor specialized equipment to ensure quality product is produced
* May be responsible for monitoring equipment operation, maintaining supply levels, inspecting final product, cleaning the work environment, and performing light data entry
* Will assist in setting up workstations and will following written or verbal process specifications in completing all assignments
* May be required to work in a clean room environment and wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to eye protection, gloves and other department specific equipment
* Checks and inspects results against predetermined tolerances
* Will work a 12-hour night shift rotation unless business needs dictate a need for day shift availability
* Push and/or lift to 50 pounds consistently
Shifts: 12-hour days or 12-hour nights
What a career at Cree as a Semiconductor Production Worker offers:
* A new starting wage of $13.50 per hour!
* Shift differentials up to 10% on top of the starting base wage
* Paid vacation and holidays
* Health insurance benefits, ESPP, paid vacation/paid holidays, 401(k), full-service fitness center, on-site café
* Safe work environment in a growing company and industry
* Predictable / Consistent work shifts
* Pay day every other Friday based on standard work schedule that is comprised of 80 hours straight pay + 4 hours overtime
* Available voluntary overtime, pre-approved by your supervisor
* Internal promotion opportunities!
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.