Senior Manager, IT - Operations & Integrations
The Operations & Integrations Lead (O&I Lead), IT Solution Delivery, will report to the Solution Delivery Leader and will serve as a key IT leader, strategist and influencer to Solution Delivery, IT Business Relationship Managers, and service partners on key software implementation and integration projects related to Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), B2B communications via EDI and other means, and Solution Delivery’s technical operations, process definition and improvement. The O&I Lead will manage a team consisting of Cree IT leaders, individual contributors and 3rd-party partners.
The position will provide global stewardship over CREE’s IT Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), will drive definition, communication and adoption of process, and will ensure adherence to standards by internal and external parties through quality audits. This role will also be responsible for the strategic planning, coordination, control and on-time/on-budget completion of key Solution Delivery systems upgrade projects (i.e. upgrading Oracle EBS to v12.2+), ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Lead and develop the staff of the Oracle DBA team, Enterprise Integrations team and EBS technical operations;
- Work with IT Leadership to set direction and goals for global IT strategy, planning and architecture regarding EAI and Solution Delivery technical operations;
- Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive sourcing strategy, including opportunities for process and cost efficiencies;
- Utilize strategic, out of the box sourcing, while also mitigating risk associated with the cost and supply of services;
- Participate in existing and all planning processes to assure timely acquisition of services to support business needs;
- Manages the full cycle of all IT purchases, agreements and contracts from initiation to completion;
- Manages supplier relationships and service level administration for vendors;
- Acts as a liaison between IT and vendors in major dispute resolution concerning supplier performance;
- Provide global stewardship over CREE’s IT Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), drive communication, adoption and adherence of standards by internal and external parties;
- Provide support for Agile processes;
- Establish code version management standards and tools;
- Provide strategic planning, coordination, control and on-time/on-budget completion of key operational projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals;
- Implement EBS operational resilience enhancements / projects such as database and application upgrades, patch application, Disaster Recovery testing, system backup / restore testing, etc;
- Own and lead the technical implementation of tool and processes related to EBS change control;
- Develop and lead implementation of the system upgrade releases and cloud-readiness plans to help modernize our application and infrastructure environment;
- Ensure that performance reliability and scalability of development and test capabilities are improved across Solution Delivery;
- Manage project budget and resources;
- Track project deliverables using appropriate CREE project management tools.
What’s Needed for Success?
- 10+ years of progressive IT experience with at least 5 years of senior management experience and 3 years in an application integration role for a multi-billion-dollar global business;
- Proven ability to lead internal and external resources through the requirements, design, development, testing, and deployment phases of complex software projects;
- Successful track record in having managed global projects using a Systems Integrator (SI) and involving globally distributed resources;
- Demonstrated project and process management skills, including knowledge of large-scale enterprise application SDLC and Project Management Professional (PMP) principles;
- Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities;
- Ability and desire to engage with all functions/businesses across a global enterprise in driving project activities forward as well as resolving project related issues or mitigating project risks;
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration, negotiation, and presentation skills,
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment,
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability,
- Ability to influence and lead change,
- Proven ability to deliver despite obstacles,
- Ability to work within a 24/7 environment across multiple time zones,
- Ability to travel domestically (20% - 30%) and internationally (< 5%).
Skills and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related fields, or equivalent experience;
- Experience with manufacturing, ideally in the Industrial Electronics and Electrical Equipment industry, preferred;
- Experience leading IT Projects resulting from M&A and/or divestitures preferred;
- Practical understanding of software development methodologies (i.e. AIM, Agile Scrum, Kanban);
- Proficient with the Project and Portfolio Management Tools (MS-Project, MS-SharePoint, MS-Excel, etc.);
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) / Program Management Professional Certification (PgMP) a plus.