Cree is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on technician with experience in mixed signal electronics to support the development and test of SmartCastTM lighting control products. This position will work the systems, software, and hardware teams to develop, design, qualify and introduce products and systems into production.
Responsibilities will include support of engineering activities such as board design, board test, qualification, and compliance. A successful candidate will be a resourceful problem solver who is able to work around technical obstacles and is capable of implementing practical solutions.
· Take ownership of product testing
· Understand system operation and design test cases to ensure performance
· Troubleshoot in-development boards and make improvement recommendations as appropriate
· Communicate test data to the engineering team in a clear and concise form
· Find and recommend new test equipment and new methods of testing based on advancing technology
· Streamline lab operation by designing automated test systems
· Seek out and initiate improvement opportunities wherever they may be in the company
· EET or AS degree or equivalent training in Electrical Engineering or another related technical field.
· Clear understanding of electrical circuit fundamentals
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong personal work ethic and a desire to make important and lasting contributions
· Ability to work independently while knowing when to ask for help.
· Natural excitement and curiosity for new technology
· 4+ years’ experience in electronics testing and troubleshooting.
· Experience with Labview
· Experience with switching power supplies
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.