In this role you will supervise the work performance of Semiconductor Production Operators. This includes maintaining accurate and up to date records of attendance, operational performance, training, corrective/disciplinary action, and salary administration. This a 12 - hour day shift position.
Our commitment to excellence doesn’t stop with our technology, it extends to the people we hire. We want individuals who strive for continual improvement. We offer a dynamic and diverse environment where creative problem solving is part of your daily life. As a first line supervisor in a fast-paced semiconductor environment, you hold a key component to our success.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Continuously strive to reduce cost and increase productivity all while maintaining exemplary quality delivered to customers.
- Monitor team and individual performance. Maximize productivity, equipment utilization and overall efficiency.
- Act as the 'go-to' person on shift. Have the answers for all personnel questions on the floor, or retrieve answers quickly for them.
- Interact very closely with the process and equipment teams to ensure the operators and technicians follow proper protocol and ensure product quality.
- Schedule adequate personnel to support the objectives of the production plan. Solicit overtime and coordinate vacation schedules so as to not impact production.
- Maintain leadership presence by spending an overwhelming percentage of time on the shop floor ~80%.
- Help support and establish Visual Management, 5S/6S, Kanbans, and other Lean initiatives on the production floor.
- Establish and communicate production priorities. Execute production plans and internal goals.
- Track performance and adjust priorities accordingly.
- Initiate, encourage, and drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Develop cross-training plans for productivity objectives and personnel development.
- Provide staff with constructive and timely feedback. Enforce company and local policies and procedures.
- Lead and participate in training, disposition of material, and production as necessary.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all levels in the organization.
- Maintain a safe working environment for CREE employees.
- Conduct all performance reviews on time. Maintain a score of 100% on-time performance.
Associates or Bachelors Degree with manufacturing 2+ years experience in a leadership role, or equivalent manufacturing experience as a front line supervisor (3-5 years) or relevant military experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communications.
- Data oriented – excels at problem solving and decision making skills.
- Computer skills – familiar with all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook/Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Access).
- Excellent quantitative skills.
- Ability to handle change quickly and efficiently – Fast paced work environment.
- Job requires continuous walking across different areas, bending, lifting and microscope usage.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to sit/stand for 12 hour shifts.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Experience in Lean Initiatives (Toyota Production System methodology). 5S/6S, Visual Management, Pull Systems, Kanbans, Poka-yoke, Kaizen events, etc
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.