Cree LED Lighting is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on Electrical-Electronics Product Engineer to maintain and support industry leading LED based lighting products. A successful candidate will be a resourceful problem solver that can work in a Team Oriented Goal Driven environment with a proven ability to work around technical obstacles and implement practical solutions.
What can Cree do for you?
Will have excellent opportunity to gain exposure to the most advanced technology that the lighting industry offers.
Individual will work within cross functional groups consisting of engineering, electrical product testing, product development and global contract manufacturing partners to qualify and support high volume products in production.
What can you do for Cree?
- Monitor, maintain, test and qualify LED lighting products in local and/or global contract manufacturing locations.
- Authority regarding single and multi-phase AC power circuits, supplies and power DC electronics
- Identified as an electrical/electronic expert on the manufacturing team and will head-off challenges or issues in manufacturing with decisive decision making.
- Work directly with product development team to ramp new products and processes into production.
- Identify, initiate and implement continuous improvement solutions for process optimization, cost reduction, and yield enhancements across product lines in production.
- Work across company functional organizations to ensure project success.
- Familiar with UL, CSA, CE electrical product safety and tests standards
- Training and mentoring junior technicians in electrical lab safety and lab operation
What you need for success:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or comparable field.
- 3-6+ years of experience with product development and/or manufacturing.
- 3-5 years of Power Electronics experience
- Working knowledge of common electrical/electronic lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes, power meters, VOMs, data recorders, ATE Chambers, environmental chambers
- Resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with initiative and drive to work around technical and process related obstacles.
- Ability to travel up to 10%, including international travel.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Electrical Grid / Network Knowledge and Experience (120-480VAC, 50/60Hz)
- Knowledge of LED lighting systems, power supplies, lighting controls and familiar optics, and control systems.
- Experience with electronics manufacturing and ability to guide design for manufacturability.
- Experience with sustaining engineering and cost reduction abilities.
- Hands-on experience with power and digital electronics design and evaluation.
- Ability to develop and maintain electrical test plans and protocols to support manufacturing and product development.
- Ability to provide drawings for working and test schematics of electrical components and use.
- Working knowledge FCC and IEC requirements and solving Conducted and Radiated Emissions issues.
- Working knowledge of surface mount PCB layout and design constraints a plus.