Cree is looking to add a Polish Process Sustaining Engineer to our organization. This position fully supports the Materials Business manufacturing team by ensuring robust processes in the WaferOps Polish dept. Work to optimize the department priorities including safety, quality, throughput, and cost.
- Own manufacturing processes for wafer preparation processes ensuring capable & in control:
- Define process control methods for detecting process variations. Including creation and monitoring appropriate process parameter control charts. Implement rapid containment measures for any “out of control” conditions to minimize effect of process changes to customers. Investigate, resolve, and prevent future out of control occurrences.
- Development of process control metrics and corrective action plans for OOC conditions including setting up data collection, review, and presentation.
- Apply good engineering practices to continuously improve wafer preparation process:
- Define/refine methods to increase process repeatability and control to achieve higher yields, lower costs, higher flexibility, lower variation and a safe work environment
- Manage & drive through projects to improve wafer quality and yield to exceed customer expectations.
- Work with R&D team to define, qualify, and transition processes from research through development to production. Receive new process/product introductions from R&D.
- Define & coordinate process changes by working with both exempt and non-exempt personnel to ensure repeatability and control.
- Must be able to work several projects simultaneously and have successfully demonstrated success in complete process ownership within a 24x7 manufacturing environment.
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Engineering discipline (prefer Materials related discipline).
- Ability to fully own a process, analyze data, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Prefer 1+ year work experience in relevant field preferred. Prefer experience with polishers/lappers, or CMP.
- Excellent skills & experience in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Solid computer skills, statistics foundation, & problem solving skills required.
- High energy, self-motivated, positive, professional attitude is essential for success.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interface effectively with different backgrounds and at every level of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail while effectively managing time and multiple priorities in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Strong SPC skill & experience.
- Willing and able to work extra as needed to achieve business goals. (some evenings and weekends are to be expected)
- Provide on call support as needed to support a 24/7 manufacturing operation.